Mar 3, 2010

Who is God?

As I was preparing for bible study tonight, God laid on my heart a kid who may have the wrong idea about who God is. I pulled out a few verses from the bible that tells us who He is. I wonder, do any of you have the wrong idea about who God is? Do you know Him, His heart?

2 Samuel 22:32-33

“As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the rock besides our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.”

Psalms 62:5-8

“Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.”

Isaiah 61:1-3

“The spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion- to bestow on them the crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.”

Matthew 22:32

“Have you not read what God has said to you, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

Romans 5:5-8

“…Hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us. You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possible dare to die. But God demonstrated His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

1 Corinthians 10:13

“No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”

Hebrews 4:12-13

“For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.”

1 John 4:15-16

“If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in Him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.”

Romans 6:23

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”


Psalms 48:14

“For this God is our God forever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.”

Psalms 73:26

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”


There are many, many more. So who is God? God is love, my refuge, my strength, my salvation...and yours too.

1 comment:

chad said...

I like this study. Very cool.