Feb 15, 2010

A new look, A new purpose

Anyone who has previously followed my blog may notice that all my posts are gone. I felt it was time for a little renovation, some remodeling, to reflect that which has taken place in my life. Through a series of events this past year, my calling in life has changed. It started early last spring with a surprising call to surrender.

I believe that some do not realize the freedom one receives when they surrender everything, and I do mean everything, to God. I sometimes find it funny how illogical God seems. To the world surrender does not lead to freedom, in the same way that being weak does not lead to strength. God tells us different. He tells us that when we are weak He is strong, and our strength comes from Him. He makes a point to show us that the logic of the world doesn't match the logic of God.

During my road trip to surrender, God began to lay on my heart the teen girls in my church. I decided to take a leap of faith, answer the call, and I begin mentoring a couple of girls. I built a relationship with them and invested in their lives. One of the girl suffered a very tragic event in July which open the door for me to realize another area where God was calling me. Early in the summer I started thinking about going back to school to become a christian counselor. I repeatedly push the notation aside as a random thought that would not amount to anything of value. After July I began to really become disturbed by the statistics of marriages and the effect divorce has on children, particularly teenagers. At this time I felt my calling become a little more defined. God was calling me to invest in the youth of our generation, and to prepare myself to take it to the next step, so I could help foster healing in the hearts of youth from broken homes.

After much prayer I took another leap of faith and enrolled at Nazarene Bible College, where I will be working toward my bachelor's in ministry under the program of Christian counselor. Where God takes me at the completion of my education is a mystery to me, but I know it's in God's hands, because I put it there, along with everything else that was coming between my relationship with Him.

Just recently I have felt God nudging me further into youth ministries, and feel the call to take a more active role in ministering to the youth (boys and girls) in my church.

The point of my story is to redefine the purpose of this blog. I've decided to use it to document my education as well as my spiritual devotion time. To share what's going on in my life, my ministry, and to grow further in Christ, and to share my endeavor in the youth ministry arena.

Wish me luck, and your prayers, as always, are greatly appreciated.

No comments: