Feb 23, 2010

The Call to be Real and Authentic

Last night I attend the SDMI conference at Salt Lake 1st church. What a wonderful time! I really enjoyed the NYI Seminar. It's funny, sometimes in life you think things are coincidences, but really God always provides us with what we need. I've bee feeling the call in my life to become real, authentic, vulnerable even. I'll bet you'll never guess what we talked about last night?! Being real.

As youth leaders, we have to be authentic to our youth. Our actions have to reflect our words, and when they don't we need to be up front with them about it. There are some really tough topics that teens are dealing with, and if we aren't real with them, they won't trust us.

This makes me thing of the movie that just came out, To Save a Life. I know after seeing the trailer for the movie I am inspired to try to challenges my teens to be courageous in their faith, and to break away from social norms, and embrace Christ-like actions. To also be courageous enough to ask for help when they feel hopeless, and alone. They won't come to me if I don't have a relationship with them, and I can't do that without being real.
This is my challenge to myself.

Haven't heard of To Save a Life? Watch this trailer for the movie. for more information, visit their website HERE


1 comment:

Harada's said...

your back!! Yay! Good to hear what your up to. Have fun in park city!